Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

I've never had actual snickerdoodles, so I wasn't too sure about making these cupcakes at first. But they sounded interesting, so I threw my doubts out the window and produced these amazing little cinnamon cupcakes. And aren't they adorable?

Photobucket

I actually made these a few weeks ago, but I've been too busy to post about it. I brought them to school the next day and gave them out to every friend I ran into. And they were a huge hit. Light and sweet and topped with a fluffy vanilla buttercream icing. Mmm.

The following week I had a ton of requests to make them again. Last time I hung out with my bestie she brought them up. "When are you going to make those amazing cupcakes again?!"

They're the perfect girlie cupcakes too, full of sugar, spice, and everything nice. Plus, they're pink. What more do you need?

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
via Karen's Cookies, Cakes, and More

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temp.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 almond extract
3/4 c. whole milk

Preheat oven at 350. Whisk first four dry ingredients, make sure there are no clumps. Combine remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl before mixing in with dry ingredients. Pour batter into liners and bake for 20-25 min.

Cinnamon Vanilla Buttercream frosting
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tbs. milk

With an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat, on low speed to combine.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipe, i'm very excited to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried them and they are wonderful. I made a pumpkin cake today and am going to frost it with the cinnamon buttercream.

    ReplyDelete