Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pumpkin Loaf

I love October. Fall and pumpkins and Halloween. How great are those three things? Plus, by best friend's birthday is at the end of it, giving me an excuse to make the red velvet cupcakes she's been dying to try and I've been dying to make. :)

One of my friends suggested I go pumpkin crazy for October and told me I should start with a pumpkin loaf. So I checked it out, found a recipe I really liked, and made an amazing dense, moist loaf packed with pumpkin flavour.

The recipe makes two loaves, but our second loaf pan mysteriously went missing, so I made the rest into muffins. Like the snickerdoodle cupcakes, my friends at school loved them. One friend who had bought a book for me said instead of money for it, she wanted two more muffins.

Photobucket

Pumpkin Loaf
via. Recipezaar

2 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups white sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
2 cups raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 loaf pans.

Mix together well the pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs.

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and raisins, and mix well.

Pour into loaf pans and bake for 60-65 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment